Today's sermon is us coming together and rejoicing in God's Word. We have some main points to look at this week! Stay safe and enjoy!! All scriptures can be found in different versions on www.biblegateway.com.
I. IT DECLARES THE LORD'S SACRIFICIAL DEATH; (3) I Cor. 5:7.
1. His death was voluntary; John 10:18.
2. His death was sufficient “It is Finished”; John 19:30.
3. His death was to pay my debt and deliver us from our sins; Gal. 1:4.
II. IT RECOGNIZES THE LORD'S BODY WAS BROKEN FOR US.
I Cor. 11:24.
1. His body was prepared by God the Father; Heb. 10:5.
2. His body was offered as a sacrifice for us; Heb. 10:10.
3. His body was broken for us; I Cor. 11:24.
III. IT CHALLENGES BELIEVERS TO OBEY THE LORD'S COMMANDS (Mark 14:22.)
1. His commands are for action; Matt. 10:32.
2. His commands are important; John 13:34,35.
3. His commands are challenging; Matt. 16:24. (Take up Cross)
IV. IT PROCLAIMS THAT SALVATION IS BY CHRIST'S BLOOD;
1. His blood was shed for the remission of our sins; Matt. 26:28. (5)
2. His blood was shed to bring us close to God; Eph. 2:13. (6)
3. His blood was shed to bring us peace with God; Colossians. 1:19 -20.
V. IT REQUIRES CHRISTIANS TO EXAMINE THEMSELVES; ( I Cor. 11:27,28.)
1. Christians should judge whether they walking by faith; Romans 1:17
2. Christians should judge whether they are walking in love; Eph 5:1-2
3. Christians should judge whether they are walking in the light; Eph 5:8
VI. IT PROVIDES FELLOWSHIP WITH THE LORD'S and HIS PEOPLE (I John 1:6,7.)
1. Christians should be drawn together In Christ's love; John 15:12
2. Christians should be drawn together to worship the Lord; Phil. 3:3.
3. Christians should be drawn together in prayer; 1 Thess. 5:17 (Pray w/o ceasing)
VII. IT REMINDS US THE LORD IS COMING AGAIN; (10) (I Cor. 11:26.)
1. Christ's Coming is promised to His people; John 14:3.
2. Christ's Coming is to give Christians immortality; 1 Thess. 4:16-17 (11)
3. Christ's Coming is to take Christians to our Heavenly Home; John 14:2-3.
I BELIEVE –JESUS the Son of God, DIED on Calvary’s CROSS- ROSE 3RD DAY,
I AM REDEEMED BY THE BLOOD I am redeemed, bought with a price, Jesus has changed my whole life. If anybody asks you, just who I am, tell them I am redeemed.
MY REDEEMER LIVES - BECAUSE HE LIVES Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, Because He lives, all fear is gone; Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living, Just because He lives! JESUS PAID IT ALL! (12)